Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog #6-There is only one of you

Blog #6-There is only one of you
 >"There is only one me. There is only one you. 

The words I say, the words I write belong to me; as do my desires, ambitions and talents, as do my shortcomings and frustrations. Your words, desires, ambitions, talents, shortcomings and frustrations, belong to you.

What I do in life; where I go; what I accomplish or fail to accomplish rests on my shoulders, and my shoulders alone.  What you do; where you go; what you accomplish or fail to accomplish rests on no other shoulders than yours.

I have the ability to make things better or make them worse; only I am responsible for the choices I make.  You can soar with your dreams or bow to the beckoning of evil; only you are responsible for the choices you make.

When the identity of my body flickers and the last ember dies, I must answer only to myself.  And when your lifetime is over, you must answer to none other than you."
A good friend Carlynn McCormick wrote this and it is so applicable to our message on http://www.youthmuse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment